2023 McMinnville Scottish Festival
Parking is free but we take donations! We have set up a scholarship fund and would like you to contribute in lieu of a parking fee.
If you’d like to contribute, click HERE
What to expect at the festival:
1) Fun for the whole family. From face painting to whisky tasting, athletics, dance competitions, pipe competitions, sheepherding demonstrations,haggis eating competitions, a wandering lama, great live music, clans, vendors and the greatest beer tent ever.
2) The gates open at 9 but get there early. Saturday and Sunday both feature athletic events throughout the day with 5 classes of athletes, you’ll have the opportunity to watch over 100 athletes compete. The schedule is like a track and field meet. Where scheduled times are approximate based on the pace of the athletes.
3) You can bring a blanket and or chairs. Chairs and benches will be available but you can bring your own as well as they are limited. You can sit on the grass and watch music or around the arena.
4) You don’t want to miss the opening ceremony. It starts at 12pm sharp and consists of a piper led clan parade throughout the grounds. It is fun to watch, followed by the singing of the US National Anthem and the Scottish National Anthem.
5) Explore the whole grounds, who knows? You might run into some friends or discover a British Car show. Yes, this year there will be some classic British cars out that you look at and learn more about.
6)8:00am to 8:50 on Sunday please don’t miss the KIRKIN’ OF THE TARTAN – A Christian Worship Service
This Scottish-American Tradition is great for the whole family to worship together from folks all over the Northwest. Pastor Bill Wilton will deliver a traditional Christian message and offer some history of the Kirkin’ of the Tartan Tradition. Free Admission.
VENDORS & CLANS
Please visit the clans, shop at the cool vendors and eat some delicious food! Also, don’t forget to grab a dram of Scotch and refresh your self with a nice cold beer at the beer tent.
Cost: $40 a Seat
Enjoy a Scotch tasting Hosted by the National Ambassador of Glenmorangie on Saturday at 1 PM and 3 PM and by the National Ambassador of Ardbeg on Sunday at 1pm and 3pm.
Only 25 seats per session so head to the Info Booth by the Beer Tent to reserve your spot!
If you miss the tasting, stop by the Scotch tent sponsored by ARDBEG. They can give you a taste of the finest Scotch in all the land.
With 4 Pipe bands on Saturday and 3 on Sunday your ears will be ringing with the sweet sound of the Scottish Highlands.
Our pipe bands this year include:
Fort Vancouver, Clan MacLeay, Eugene Highlanders & Willamette Valley
PIPE and DRUM Competition
You wont want to miss the Solo Pipe and Drum Competition on Saturday. They will start at 10 and finish at around 2pm. Over 20 competitors will compete for prizes and the recognition they so well deserve.
Highland Dancer Competition
45 dancers come from all over the Northwest and Canada to compete at the McMinnville Scottish Festival. The dancers will compete both Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 3pm
HEAVY EVENTS SCHEDULE BY CLASS AND EVENT
If you have kids, check out the kids corner by the Main Stage. From face painting to practicing the “sheep” toss your tots will have a tater of a time. The kids corner runs the whole day (with a few breaks for the volunteers). Its free and its fun!
DANDIE DINMONT TERRIER
Don’t forget to swing by the Dandie Dinmont Terrier booth to check out the only breed to have its own tartan. Learn more about this special Scottish breed at their booth!
We can’t put on this festival without the financial help of our Sponsors! If you see a person with a VIP bracelet make sure you thank them for their sponsorship!
Want to support the Celtic Heritage Alliance? Like what we are doing? Consider becoming a member and supporting our cause! We are 501c3 not for profit that is supported by an all volunteer board of directors. The mission of CHA is to promote and preserve Celtic culture and heritage through creation and development of Celtic cultural events, activities, and programs.
Sign up HERE
Meet our Board of Directors!